Alternative search engines
- SearXNG is a meta search engine. Easy to self-host;
- Marginalia has its own index, focused on the "small web";
- YaCy has a decentralised shared index. Can also work standalone and on Intranets;
- Stract is fully open-source, has its own index and allows for customisation of search result via what they call optics;
- Kagi is a paid service, ad-free and tracking-free;
- Wiby has "early days of the web" vibes. Can be used from older machines;
See also a look at search engines with their own indexes for a much longer and more detailed list.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to reach out for any comment or question.